The main cross country league that Winchester and District Athletics Club enter each year is The Hampshire Cross Country League. The meetings are open to all athletes and they usually run an U11s race.
|Winter Fixture List 2016 to 2017||Download|
With 5 league races between October and March and we encourage all of our endurance runners to take part.
- Entry is free to all club members
- You must wear a club vest when competing
- Let the Team Manager know if you plan on attending
2016/17 fixture dates
- 15 October 2016 – Farley Mount, Winchester
- 12 November 2016 – Kings Park, Bournemouth
- 03 December 2016 – Popham Airfield, Basingstoke
- 11 February 2017 – Staunton Country Park, nr. Havant
- 04 March 2017 – Prospect Park, Reading
- 12.30 U13G (c.3k)
- 12.45 U13B (c.3k)
- 13.00 U15G (c.4k)
- 13.20 U15B (c.4k)
- 13.35 U17W (c.4k)
- 14.05 Senior Women/Veteran Women and U20W (c.6k)
- 14.40 U17M (c.6k)
- 15.00 Senior Men/Veteran Men/U20M (c.10k)
There will not now be U11 races at Reading, but year 6s may compete in the U13 races there.
Full details on Hampshire Athletics Website
Rules for U13 age group
All year 6s may compete in U13 races, whether or not they have reached their 11th birthday by the day of the race concerned.
Rules for U11 age group
Most of the events will hold a U11 race (except Popham and Reading) and the rules for such races are generally set by the local club organising the meeting. Usually, years 4 and 5 children can take part and year 6 children can until they reach their 11th birthday (unless the local club exercises its discretion to allow them to compete in U11s even if over 11). Please speak with the U11s team managers, Paul Cox email@example.com or Simon Harvey firstname.lastname@example.org, for further information.
|Type Indoor Track and Field Cross Country Running|
|Season/Date October - February|
|Location Various (Hampshire)|
|Age Veterans Seniors Under 20s Under 17s Under 15s Under 13s Under 11s|
Paul Cox (U11s) –
Sheryl Reid (U13-U15) – email@example.com
David Vosser (U17-U20) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Men – email@example.com
Senior Women – Lucy.firstname.lastname@example.org