We encourage all endurance athletes to take part in these races. Entry is free for all club members. You must wear a club vest when competing in these races. The Wessex League also run U11s races.
The League consists of four fixtures usually held between September and December each winter season.
2017 fixture dates
- 1 October 2017 – Canford Heath
- 22 October 2017 - Bryanston School, Blandford
- 5 November 2017 – Yeovil
- 10 December 2017 – Bryanston School, Blandford
Times to be confirmed for each event, but these are the recommended times:
11.45 U11G (1.5k to 2k)
11.55 U11B (1.5k to 2k)
12.10 U13G (2.5k to 3k)
12.25 U13B (2.5k to 3k)
12.40 U17M/U17W (4.5k to 5k)
12.40 Senior Women/Vet Women/U20W (5k to 7k)
13.05 U15G and U15B (4k to 5k)
13.20 Senior Men/Vet Men/U20M (8k to 10k)
Full details on Team Dorset website. Double check for times of races.
League membership is open to all clubs who are affiliated to UK Athletics, plus individuals registered for competition purposes with UK Athletics. UK Athletics Rules of Competition will apply, except as indicated.
More information about the events and the entry form can be found at http://www.teamdorsetathletics.btck.co.uk/competition/wessexleague-crosscountry.
- The entry form needs to be sent to Lindsay Hole at email@example.com.
- Please also email firstname.lastname@example.org to let the club know if you are competing.
- Numbers are usually given out on the day of the race.
- Please keep your number for all the events.
- There should be a Winchester flag at the event from where the numbers can be collected.
Information for U11s
Children in years 4, 5 and 6 can take part in these races. Year 4 children must be over 8 years old to compete. If you have any questions, please contact the U11s team manager at email@example.com.
|Type Track and Field|
|Season/Date September and December|
|Age Veterans Seniors Under 20s Under 17s Under 15s Under 13s Under 11s|
Paul Cox –