Congratulations to all WADAC U17s and U20s who competed at the final YDL match of the season on Sunday.
Full results are now on Power of 10.
While WADAC found it hard to keep up with other clubs' points tally on the day - the long journey, school holidays and injuries meant many gaps on the teamsheet - we did enough across the four matches to come 5th overall, which is an excellent acheivement given the strength of the competition and that we had only just been promoted to SW Div 1. (nb Kingston, Camberley & Woking, Croydon, Southampton, Winchester, Brighton & Team Sussex, in that order).
* WADAC scored 300 points - 16 points scored on average by every one of the 18 athletes competing - equivalent to winning 2 events each and more! We also got 55 points thanks to the officials who volunteered.
* Winners from WADAC on the day included the double for Josh Goble (LJ & TJ) and Ed Hill-King (Hammer & Shot), 1500m for James Heneghan and 200m for Abigail Dennison.
* More athletes competed in four events than ever, pushing themselves outside their comfort zone and succeeding, as well as working harder for their team. Highlights in this category included Javelin PBs for Dominic Ringrose-Voase and Ed Hill-King and Hammer PBs for Ellise Mathieson & Izzy Gray. Thrower Oliver Miles and Jumper Lara Goldsmith ran third leg relay and Ed Hill-King upheld the end of season tradition of his running second leg in 4 x 400m.
* Electronic PBs for Abigail Dennison and Thomas Gillespie in both 100m & 200m, electronic PB for Josh Goble and Kanya Mtshweni in 100m (the latter in a race won by the Croydon English Schools Champion athlete in 10.89 seconds!)
* First and promising recorded performances for Josh Woodhouse in 800m and Maisie Vamos in Triple Jump.
All in all, a very successful final day. Thanks to all who supported us.