Junior athletes can compete in most of the standard athletics events in a number of different leagues and competitions in both the winter and summer.
Younger athletes (School Year 6 and Year 7) are encouraged to try lots of different events at training and in competitions, while older athletes will gradually specialise.
- Coaches and team managers can give advice and information about competitions.
- All athletes are expected to compete for the club at least 5 times each year.
Training sessions take place at the track on Bar End Road in Winchester. Please park at Barfield Close Park and Ride, which is free on a Thursday evening.
- Tuesday, 18:30 - 20:00 (by invitation)
- Wednesday, 18:30 - 20:00 (for younger athletes only)
- Thursday, 18:30 - 20:00 (by invitation)
As the younger athletes attending Wednesday evenings get older they may be invited to train on a Tuesday evening (18.30-19.30) and/or Thursday (18:30 - 20:00), and at other times such as a Saturday morning, as suggested by their coach.
If you have any questions regarding School Year 6 - 11 Athletic sessions, please email us on email@example.com.