Wed 4th Oct 2017
WADAC Guaranteed Club Entries for VMLM 2018
All UKA-registered running clubs receive guaranteed "club entries" annually for the Virgin Money London Marathon (VMLM). The number of such entries is dependent upon the number of UKA-registered members. WADAC usually get 3 such entries.
So... if you received a "reject" London Marathon magazine this week then all hope is not lost! You could still be eligible for one of our club entries for the 2018 marathon. The ballot for those club places will be made just before Christmas.
In order to be eligible for the ballot for 2018 club entries members must have:
- been first a claim club member since end Nov 2016,
- applied and been rejected in the public ballot,
- represented WADAC (or volunteer or official) in at least 5 events since end Nov 2016,
- not been a recipient of a club place for the 2017 event,
- undertake to pay the event fee, do their best to take part in the 2018 event
- to renew their WADAC membership in March 2018.
Note that interested members MUST retain proof of their VMLM rejection. Don't throw it away!!
Application for the club entries will open once we know how many entries we have been allocated - probably early December 2017. Between now and then make sure you keep your rejection letter safe, and keep the other requirements in mind.